Solutions and Services
Our solutions are focused on shared care and managed health programs, including outpatient and ambulatory care (chronic disease), shared Electronic Health Records (EHR), repository solutions, conformance with the national PCEHR program, reporting databases and other solutions.
Our Services support delivery of these and other innovative solutions.
Smart Health develops, implements and provides its eHealth solutions and services with Australian based, highly experienced in-house resources.
What Smart Health Does Today
Cross-Health Sector Clinical Records Support
Smart Health solutions are delivered as secure, private cloud-based software services. They have a strong emphasis on ease of use and clinical benefit through adherence to eHealth standards and high levels of interoperability with other eHealth systems.
Our solutions include:
- Off-the-shelf chronic disease and managed health program modules (CIS) for outpatient and ambulatory care (diabetes, renal, infectious diseases, cancer and others)
- Reporting databases for research, clinical trials, statutory reporting and supporting disease registries
- Nationally scalable shared Electronic Health Record
- Solutions that interoperate with the national PCEHR program
- Secure cloud-based clinical repository that supports large-scale collaboration across healthcare practices, including between primary and tertiary practices
- Customised solutions that are developed to meet local requirements
- Smart Message Gateway, a secure gateway to Smart Health services for sites that are not able to support standards based interfaces
- Smart Clinic, a cross-practice outpatient clinic booking solution that can be integrated with Smart Health’s clinical information management solution or operated as a stand-alone product.
Smart Health provides a range of services to deliver end-to-end eHealth programs that can be customised to meet the requirements of specific patient and healthcare provider groups. Our client programs typically involve multidisciplinary care, cross practice and sometimes cross jurisdictional sharing of electronic health records. For example, outpatient programs in one state may refer patients to interventional services in another state, where specialist surgical facilities are not available locally.
Smart Health works closely with clinical teams, business managers and ICT staff from project concept through to product realisation and on-going support.
Smart Health has provided project development services since 2000, when we collaborated with clinical partners to implement Australia’s first shared Electronic Health Record solution. Since then, we have partnered with teams of clinical experts to develop numerous other pioneering eHealth implementations, including planning, project managing and implementing multi-site, cross-jurisdictional eHealth programs. We have a principal focus on programs that support chronic disease and condition management including cancer, cystic fibrosis and respiratory disease, diabetes, kidney disease and infectious diseases.
Through these partnerships with multi-disciplinary clinical teams, Smart Health has developed a broad understanding of the various models of healthcare delivery and the issues that are typically associated with the transition from paper to eHealth systems. We bring long term, hands-on eHealth expertise to our healthcare practice clients, ensuring minimal risk and very good value to customers.
Our Services include:
- Project consulting, planning and budgeting (Implementation Planning Studies)
- Business requirements
- Solution design and architecture
- eHealth standards
- Change management and clinical adoption
- Project management
- Functional and technical specifications
- Submissions for requests for tenders and funding opportunities
- Engagement of vendor partners
- eHealth security, privacy and authentication
More about our services and solutions
Community of Care
Outpatient & Ambulatory Care
Smart Health is an off-the-shelf Outpatient and Ambulatory Care solution that integrates a scalable and extensible Clinical Information System (CIS) with the aggregation of clinical data across points of care in a patient-centric Shared Electronic Health Record (SEHR) Repository that can be accessed by all of a patient’s authorised healthcare providers.